Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Easy Bake Ovens

Christmas is over. I didn't have that much after holiday sadness as I did last year. Still I look at the stocking lying in my room and I can't help but sigh. I was so excited and I have to wait so many months until its Christmas again. My little Brothers got an Easy Bake Oven. It's a cheap plastic thing that I had to point out to my mom was indeed pink. The spreaders inside were pink the packaging was all pink. But that doesn't really matter. We already know that my brothers clean the windows when they have a free moment. When I looked at my mom and tried to tell her that easy bake ovens were a girl thing she shook her head and was said, "Well your brothers are going to have an identical twin cooking show, It's going to be huge they are going to make us rich." She laughed. Mind you, my brothers are only three. It has been for awhile my position of getting my parents rich. Not like were not well off already, it's a stupid family inside joke that anyone outside our little six person circle could care less. I'm not saying i'm proud of our little inside joke,because i'm not, I just like being one of those families who can laugh at other families w/ out there inside jokes. About a year ago whenever I would ask him for money for coffee i'd have to remind him, don't worry i'm buying you an Island. I am the only girl out of four kids, and as my nine year old brother only wants to go to MIT and then become I scientist he's probably not the one making the big bucks. Me on the other hand, could pull off something. I turned to my mom and told her jokingly that it was unfair that Leo and Oliver got to get them rich. Oh wow i've completely sidetracked away from what I was meaning to talk about. Back to the Easy Bake Oven, i'm sure everyone is bored by now but.. I have always wanted an Easy Bake. I was a timid little kid and when I hit the age of ten and found out about easy bake ovens I realized that it was the thing that I was lacking. But, a fifth grade kid who wants an easy bake oven is not that normal. So I bottled up my want, I might have mentioned it once or twice saying they were cool or interesting but never did I come out and just ask for one. Maybe if I had asked for one my life would be different. I would be baking many little pies and brownies in my little pink oven. From that I would realize my dreams could come true and that I could achieve. Who knows if I had gotten my easy bake oven in fifth grade now I would be doing something really worthwhile instead of sitting at my computer 7 hours a day. I was thinking all this as I inspected the oven's box in the middle of the living room. My brothers had wandered off in after christmas hysteria to go watch a Thomas the Tank Engine movie. My brother had left to go play Halo 2 on the other TV and I was left with my parents. "You could have just asked for one," My dad pointed out when I told him that they had never granted my wish. "I would have gotten you one of you really wanted it that badly. It's not some elaborate expense." I shook my head sadly and opened the box staring at the beauty within. "Can I play with it now?!?" I asked. My mom laughed in a disbelieving way, she couldn't tell I was being serious or not. I think she hoped I was kidding. I set the oven up and my littlest brothers came to help. We started by making the chocolate brownies. We heated the oven up with the light bulb and we stirred in the water. It cooked in 13 minutes. By that time my brothers had lost interest and had wandered off back to there movie. I ran upstairs to look up homemade recipes, and as I did my brain raced. I can make my own inventions, I can cook whatever I want. What if i put in... no... or this.. no. I found many good web sites i'll post them below if anyone would like to use there mini ovens. I made four cakes that day. It took and hour to make all of them and 25 minutes to clean up. I haven't touched The Oven since.

http://www.hasbro.com/easybake/pl/page.recipes/dn/default.cfm - the best Easy bake oven so far. If you find any others post please!

Listening to a lot of Postal Service lately (thanks Georgia) I can't tell if I love them or just like them. I like Death cab a lot better I can say that for sure.

- just to be warned this isn’t read through so i applogize for it making no sense. Ok i need to finish hw and call people for my hypothetical new years party :) hehe- Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home