Sunday, January 23, 2005

Excuse me

It's taking me every ounce of strength to not write today. I've given in to the addiction though....
My window is broken.

The dad was mumbling..."So I heard this duck tape right? The ripping sound of the tape. And you know how Dixie cups when you pour things in them, what do they do?"
Nina responded quickly as if they had covered this subject before. "Move forward, oh so she,"
"Right!" He said, "I heard this duck tape and she had taped the cup down got out the milk,"
Every once in awhile Nina would add her "aww" or "ah!" of pretend interest then laugh smiling at the man.
"Then," He went on "She got out the milk and poured it and the cup didn't move. But, now the cup was taped to the table right?" He leaned his head back and let out a chuckle. "So I asked her what she was going to do next?"
"She didn't plan ahead," Nina was watching Ani and her attention was slowly fading.
"Excuse me?"
Nina turns to look at the dad, smiling. A bagel is in her hands and she plays with it lightly as she repeats. "She didn't plan ahead."
"No no!" The father laughs again his plate jiggles as he laughs. "I told her, how are you going to get that cup off the table? Then she opens the cabinet and pulls out a straw"
"Mm..." Nina smiles bigger than ever.
"She kept pouring more milk in until she was done, and I asked her, 'What are you going to do now?' And she says 'That's your problem.' I told her 'I don't think so.' I took care of it though and it took forever to get all that tape off. But I saved it in a box."
Nina looked up from her bagel still smiling. "A memory box?"
"Excuse me?"
"Save it in a memory box?"
"Yes, well only the things like that. Extraordinary don't you think?"
"Yes!"

Later Nina and I were in her kitchen... "God that was horrible I was trapped, did you see?"

While lying in Nina’s bed discussing Go Ask Alice, Hole was playing in the back round. They’re the perfect band for sitting in your room and turning the volume on your speakers so loud you can’t think anymore. I bought Celebrity Skin.

I bought Ben Kweller today. I’m going through an Elliot Smith, Ben Kweller, Ben Folds, Ryan Adams, kind of faze.

Tonight I turned up Jewel really loud. I sat on my floor taking my contacts out and singing along. I can’t stop listening to it now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home