Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Mariahs Asleep

I'm listening to my ipod mix I made for making muffins on Sunday...

I'm going to write a long entry tonight. After I finish the homework for Emily's exploritorium. I'm lying on my bed and Mariah's lying next to me. She's sound asleep, her purple signsations shirt matches the one Samantha gave me months ago. She was reading "Sister Hood of the Traveling Pants" but put it down to sleep instead. I don't want to move so I don't wake her. I'm lying against the side of my bed, near the wall and my foot is asleep. Mariah doesn't have sheets and my covers on my bed are falling apart any ways. I love this kid. She's not really that much of a kid anymore. My dad opens the door and she sits up, asks if i'm writing in my blog. I nod, smile. "I'm going to write more tonight."
"Oh I don't mind" She stretches, "I just closed my eyes and your dad walked in." I know she's been sleeping but I don't tell her, instead I shake my foot and grin.
Then, she rolls over back on to my pillow with the tiny flowers on them and starts to fall back asleep. I keep telling her that she calms me down, but she doesn't understand what her presence does for me. It makes me jittery sometimes, hyper, disconnected but other times she brings my focus in. How? I don't know, but she makes me think about the important things, even when were talking about the most unimportant stuff. She's so happy, so alive, and I breath off of that. I take in her excitement, enthusiasm and joy of being whatever she is right then. Their is more difference between two years in this stage of life then what you'd assume. Earlier she looked up at me, "I'm turning in to you aren't I?" "A bit," I say teaching her how to publish something on her own blog, "But I don't mind at all, I think its great, i'm honored."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariah said...

Rebecca I LOVE YOU!! ya you are right 2 years seam so far apart but to us its not. We are like sisters!! I really dont want you to leave next year. It wont be the same having you in the high school. I wont see you everyday. It is kind of like Laurie but Laurie is going to Charolatte. Damn it is so hard. I hope that from last night it wasnt wried for you. Me crying but you were so great.You are so wonderful. You are my life. You can never change. Because you are great. Well I guess that i am saying this stuff to myslef because I am like you as we say. Anyway i have to go back to my explo now Bye!! I love you so much. Never change!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Mariah said...

Rebecca I LOVE YOU!! ya you are right 2 years seam so far apart but to us its not. We are like sisters!! I really dont want you to leave next year. It wont be the same having you in the high school. I wont see you everyday. It is kind of like Laurie but Laurie is going to Charolatte. Damn it is so hard. I hope that from last night it wasnt wried for you. Me crying but you were so great.You are so wonderful. You are my life. You can never change. Because you are great. Well I guess that i am saying this stuff to myslef because I am like you as we say. Anyway i have to go back to my explo now Bye!! I love you so much. Never change!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home